Mistheword nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was not expecting that!!
Here are the rules:
- Post the award picture on your blog
- Tell everyone who gave me the award and include a link to their blog
- Nominate 15 more of my favorite blogs
- State 7 things about myself
I was delighted this week to discover that Mistheword nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks Mistheword! This lady makes very pretty things, and you can find her blog at mistheword12.wordpress.com.
15 of my favourite blogs are:
http://katiejryan.weebly.com/blog.html – a local designer, blogging about her upcycling projects and beautiful original artworks
http://ljeburms.wordpress.com/ – a friend of mine who takes awesome pictures and cooks delicious treats!
http://www.sublimestitching.com/blogs/news Jennie Hart is the Queen of embroidery and her blog is really entertaining.
http://shibaguyzdesignz.com/ – Crochet masters!
http://ukcitycrafter.wordpress.com/ – inspirational crafting ideas
http://fiveandspice.wordpress.com/ – AMAZING recipes!
http://www.elizabethbagwell.me.uk/ – travel and reading and making stuff. What more could you want? This is where I found out about all the fantastic Innsbruck craft shops.
http://www.purlbee.com/ – fabulous quilting tutorials and stylish designs. I must check this at least 3 times a week
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/- one day my apartment will be worthy of the amount of time I spend on this blog.
http://vintagegiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/ – dressmaking and filofaxing!
http://quintessentialcrafts.wordpress.com/ spectacular crochet and lots of inspiration
http://the3rsblog.wordpress.com/ This woman can make incredible light fittings out of the unlikeliest of materials. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
http://thegreendragonfly.wordpress.com/ beautiful crochet
http://crochetwithpassion.wordpress.com/great ideas and lots of encouragement to crochet some more!!
And I also have to tell you 7 things about myself. I think this will be as hard as trying to whittle my favourite blogs down to just 15!
1) I am left-handed, which made learning crochet a little tricky…but now there is no stopping me!
2) My joints are hypermobile, so I can dislocate my shoulders and my jaw at will. FACT.
3) My first job was being a bingo caller. “Clickety click!”
4) My favourite city in the world is Berlin. However, I’ve always wanted to visit Rio De Janeiro too.
5) I am happiest when I’m feeding the ducks out on the lake, or cooking meals for lots of my friends, and listening to unpalatable heavy metal.
6) I currently live in Doncaster, which amongst other things, is the birthplace of Butterscotch, host to the Great St Leger horse race, and the home of the Best Market in Britain 2012!
7) The quickest way to cheer me up is to buy me (real) fish and chips, preferably from Harpers, and stick a movie on. Ideally, What’s Up Doc, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, or Clue.