I was really hoping to have finished my blanket before the weather warmed up at least! Unfortunately I don’t seem to have achieved this goal – I’m nearly there though.
I have been piecing all of my assorted squares together, and fixing them into various panels and outlining with a row of dc followed by a row of trebles, to give the final blanket a bit more strength and stability.
I wish I had known how tedious assembling all of the squares would be – maybe I would have done bigger squares! As you can see though, the end truly is in sight. Once I finished strengthening the final panel (bottom left), I have then started to hook the panels together and begin on a border. I have been taking my time on this, as I find that once a project is completed, I can never view it without recalling all the emotions of making it. I don’t want to look back on this journey into crochet and only remember the frustration of sticking it all together, so I’m getting through the assembly, bit by bit, making sure I enjoy it along the way.
I must admit, once I have started hooking the bigger panels together, I have begun to feel so proud of my progress! All the weeks of work have seemed to take shape in a matter of minutes. I’ve become really excited to get it finished now! And then I suppose I will need to get started on a border, although I’ve not made any decisions on how that will look yet.
I’ll be happy as long as it’s done by Autumn! I will keep you posted…